JUNE 29, 2022
Alberta’s Minister of Health announced that effective June 30 at 12 a.m., the last of the Chief Medical Officer of Health COVID-19 orders will be lifted in continuing care.
At Bethany, we will continue prioritizing resident safety and quality of life by following Alberta Health Services (AHS) guided routine safety and infection control management. COVID-19 data will also be monitored and publicly reported weekly by Alberta Health.
Measures to be maintained:
- Hand hygiene and continuous masking for all visitors and staff at sites with Designated Supportive Living (DSL) and Long Term Care (LTC) programs.
- Outbreak procedures following Alberta Health Service Outbreak Management Protocols (i.e., isolation/quarantine, testing, screening, cleaning, etc.).
- Staff isolation if symptomatic or have a confirmed respiratory illness.
Measures being removed:
- Entry screening for staff and visitors.
- Bethany’s Enhanced Visitation Program which required visitors to provide proof of full vaccination and/or a negative Rapid Antigen Swab (RAS) for entry to the sites.
- Continuous masking in Licensed Supportive Living (i.e., SL1&2) for staff and visitors only in sites with distinct separation from DSL and LTC residents.
In addition, we are making changes to our Covid-19 reporting. If an outbreak occurs, an email will be sent directly to families by the Site Administrator, and another email will be sent once it has ended. Updates will also be provided during an outbreak as required.
It has been a challenging two years as we have navigated this pandemic journey together. Thank you for all your support and patience as we partnered in our shared goal to ensure the health and wellness of our residents and staff.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Site Administrator or Care Services Manager.
Vaccination information for residents and families
Vaccines are a critical way to limit the spread of COVID-19. They are effective and safe for protecting our health, as well as the health of family and community members. For more information, see Alberta Health COVID-19 Vaccine Program.
If you have any other questions, please contact your Site Administrator.