Mountain View Seniors’ Housing Aspen Ridge Lodge & Designated Assisted Living (Didsbury)
Visitors are welcome at MVSH Aspen Ridge Lodge. Effective July 13, 2021, our activities and processes onsite will resume pre-pandemic status. We look forward to welcoming family members, friends and support persons onsite!
As part of the phased lifting of restrictions outlined in CMOH Order 36-2021, there are still a few preventative measures that will be in place until further notice. We ask that you carefully review these guidelines prior to coming on site:
Restrictions remaining in place:
- Health Assessment Screening and continuous masking for staff, volunteers and service providers.
- Visiting persons are required to wear a mask continuously in common areas and will be screened upon entry.
- Unvaccinated visiting persons (including children under 12) are strongly encouraged to wear a mask even in resident room/private areas.
- Twice daily high-touch cleaning requirements are in place for in common areas.
Should an outbreak occur, we will continue to follow strict outbreak protocols and implement select quarantine/isolation requirements when needed. We will update impacted residents and families as required.
IMPORTANT: Please note that if this site goes into outbreak, visitation will be reviewed.
We know you are concerned about the safety and wellbeing of your loved ones. We are too. As always, we are diligently following protocols and working closely with our public health bodies and Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health to ensure that we are acting on the most current information and public health recommendations.
You may also directly reach out to your Site Administrator with questions and concerns:
Site Administrator: Joan Smyth
For smartphone users, please scroll the table for the site outbreak status.
You may notice that we are using some different terms to report COVID-19 status at our sites. Please note: we are posting the same information, but the language for the various categories has been updated as per Alberta Health Services directives. We have been advised that these changes will help facilitate a swift response and provide an early indicator of possible positive testing. See the revised definitions further down this page.
|UPDATED AS OF:|
OCTOBER 22, 2021
|SITE UNDER INVESTIGATION||CONFIRMED||OUTBREAK PREVENTION|
The numbers of positive cases will change as employees complete self-isolating or recover and are able to return to work, and as residents recover. Where there is a new case noted for either an employee or resident, we will identify that case as “new” on the first day it is posted, after which time it will be rolled into our ongoing numbers.
Definition of terms:
(revised Apr 30, 2020 as per Alberta Health Services)
OUTBREAK PREVENTION (formerly COVID-19 FREE)
A site in outbreak prevention is defined as:
- No residents or staff showing any symptoms of COVID-19
SITE UNDER INVESTIGATION (formerly PROBABLE)
A site under investigation is defined as:
- At least one resident or staff member who exhibits any of the symptoms of COVID-19
A confirmed COVID-19 outbreak is defined as:
- Any one individual (resident or staff) laboratory confirmed to have COVID-19
- Note that sites with two or more individuals with confirmed COVID-19 will be included in public reporting
For media inquiries, please contact: